Jesse's latest book is on its way to your local bookstore or online book dealer. You can order it now from Amazon.
Use FileMaker® technologies to create powerful mobile data apps for iPhone®, iPod® touch, and iPad™
Apple’s FileMaker technologies make it easy to create powerful, data-driven apps for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and any mobile device’s web browser. In this book, leading FileMaker and iOS expert Jesse Feiler teaches you all the skills and techniques you’ll need, whether you’re a developer, knowledge worker, or manager.
Feiler thoroughly reviews each strategy for delivering mobile data using FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Server, FileMaker Go, and Bento. You’ll learn how mobile data-driven apps are different from traditional desktop-driven apps, and how to create highly usable interfaces for them. Step by step, Feiler demonstrates how to extend existing databases to mobile devices and the web, and how to create and optimize brand-new databases for iPad and iPhone.
This book brings together core principles, practical development techniques, and proven tips and shortcuts. You’ll discover the best ways to incorporate printing, touch interface elements, and location-based features into your apps; integrate data from multiple FileMaker and non-FileMaker sources; and much more.
- • Use FileMaker Go apps to access FileMaker databases hosted on FileMaker Server or FileMaker Pro, or databases resident on a mobile device
- • Move FileMaker Pro databases, scripts, and layouts to mobile environments
- • Develop easy-to-use interfaces for mobile data apps
- • Design FileMaker Go solutions for iPhone, iPad, or both
- • Optimize FileMaker databases for FileMaker Go
- • Integrate printing and charting features into your mobile database apps
- • Use Bento to share data and synchronize libraries
- • Work effectively with Bento records, fields, forms, and tables
- • Build location-aware database apps for iOS mobile devices
- • Import/export data from Bento, FileMaker, spreadsheets, and other sources
- • Move FileMaker databases to the web with IWP, CWP, and FileMaker Server
Jesse Feiler is a developer, web designer, trainer, and author. He has worked with Apple mobile devices from Newton through iPad and has worked with FileMaker technologies since 1984. Feiler created ChamplainArts.com’s powerful iPad meeting management app MinutesMachine. His books include Using FileMaker Bento, Sams Teach Yourself Drupal in 24 Hours, The Bento Book, and FileMaker Pro 10 in Depth.